Why does the media refuse to investigate Obama's Marxist past? Let's look at the evidence:
1. Obama's mother, Stanley Dunham, appears to have been a communist. In this otherwise unremarkable Chicago Tribune article about Obama's mother, it is revealed that Ms. Dunham grew up attending a radical Seattle church known as "the little Red church on the hill" and that her friends referred to her as a "fellow traveler," which is code for communist sympathizer. The same article also notes that the chairman of the school board and several of Ms. Dunham's high school teachers were communists.
2. Obama's father, Barack H. Obama, also appears to have been a Marxist. In fact, the elder Obama penned a scholarly article entitled "Problems Facing Our Socialism" in which he argued in favor of government planning/restribution of resources and lauded an article entitled "Appeals for Confiscation in Economic Development."
3. Then there is the issue of Obama's childhood mentor, Frank Marshall Davis, who was an open member of the Communist Party USA. In his autobiography "Dreams From My Father," Obama describes Mr. Davis as "a poet" who was full of "hard-earned knowledge."
4. Next there is Obama's time as a "community organizer" -- a "profession" invented by the Marxist, Saul Alinsky. The Wikipedia entry on Alinsky notes that in his seminal work, "Rules For Radicals," Alinsky explained that "community organizing" was actually the first step towards Marxist revolution:
Any revolutionary change must be preceded by a passive, affirmative, non-challenging attitude toward change among the mass of our people. They must feel so frustrated, so defeated, so lost, so futureless in the prevailing system that they are willing to let go of the past and change the future. This acceptance is the reformation essential to any revolution. To bring on this reformation requires that the organizer work inside the system . . . .
And make no mistake, Obama was a devotee of the Alinsky method, as was recently confirmed by Alinsky's son. Obama also contributed a chapter to a book entitled, "After Alinsky: Community Organizing in Illinois." You can view it here. And Obama also taught workshops on the Alinsky method.
5. Let's not forget Obama's adult mentor for 20 years, Reverend Wright. As Reverend Wright himself has explained, the black liberation theology preached in Obama's church was largely derived from the liberation theology movement in El Salvador and Nicaragua, which was Marxist and aligned with the Sandinista movement.
6. Finally, there are William Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn, in whose home Obama's political career was launched. Ayers and Dohrn, of course, founded the radical group The Weathermen, whose founding document called for the establishment of a "white fighting force" to be allied with the "Black Liberation Movement" and other "anti-colonial" movements to achieve "the destruction of US imperialism and achieve a classless world: world communism."
Now, don't get me wrong. I am not claiming Obama is a full-blown communist, but if the American people truly understood his background, he wouldn't stand a chance. Too bad the media's in the tank for Obama.
Say... isn't there some more dirt they can dig up about Sarah Palin's children?
October 1 Update: I fixed the link for the Chicago Tribune article. Is something fishy going on here?